The last days of winter can be the hardest. After several months of being stuck inside, you may be crawling up the walls for something to do, anything to scratch that renovation itch. Fortunately, The Strait & Lamp Group is here to help! There are tons of quick and easy improvements that you can do around the house while you’re stuck inside. From installing new hardware to updating your decorations, there are plenty of projects that can be done with a simple trip to the hardware store and a few spare hours.
- Update your doors: Have your interior doors been looking a little drab? Maybe it’s time for some new ones! New doors throughout your home can bring a completely new feel, not to mention cutting back on the squeak of old hinges. At The Strait & Lamp Group, we have a variety of interior doors, from molded Jeld Wen styles to fully custom. Just pick a design and we can do the rest.
- New interior trim: Interior trim is a subtle improvement that goes a long way, and The Strait & Lamp Group does it best. Whether you’re interested in new crown moulding, stops, and shoes or other custom woodwork, we can help. Using state-of-the-art equipment, we can produce a variety of trim and mouldings, from historical reproductions to custom shapes and profiles.
- New hardware: By far one of the easiest ways to update your home, Strait & Lamp’s new doorknobs can make a space feel new. Often all you need is a screwdriver! If you’re drilling new holes, be sure to create a reusable template to ensure all the new holes are uniformly spaced.
- Update your decorations: Do you have a painting you keep forgetting to hang? Have you been meaning to get a new set of tools? At The Strait & Lamp Group, we’ve got everything you need to finish decorating. From screws and hanging fixtures to hammers, nails, and drills, we can prepare you to get that last picture hung and that final upgrade finished.
- Build flower beds: What better way to get ready for spring than to build your own flower beds! Fortunately, at the Strait & Lamp Group, we have everything you need. With just a few pieces of lumber, you can build an 8×8 foot garden bed in an afternoon. By using a saw and drill you can secure the pieces together easily, and be ready to plant when the snow melts. Bonus, if you use landscape fabric, you’ll have to deal with fewer weeds later on.
If you’re looking for more advanced home improvements, The Strait & Lamp Group is here to help. From updating your interior and exterior doors to window upgrades, trim and more, our experts work with you to determine what’s best for you and your home. Call us today to learn more!