To the customers of The Strait & Lamp Group,
Given the new orders by our governor due to the Coronavirus / COVID-19, we want to provide an update on how The Strait and Lamp Group is responding to ensure the health and well-being of our customers, our suppliers, our associates and the general public. It’s important to know that this is a very fluid situation, which will continue evolving with new information and social directives daily. As we receive the latest public updates on the virus, we will share our response initiatives. The Strait and Lamp Group locations are Open for Business. We will work to ensure the safety of our customers and associates through the following policies:
- Our associates will stay home if they feel sick or have been around sick people. These associates and some in higher risk categories may be working from home and will be responsive to customer inquiries via cell phone and email.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to use our delivery services as much as possible and avoid our store by calling and emailing general inquiries to our building material specialists. We will deliver any type of material for projects with no order minimums.
- Drivers have been directed to continue taking pictures of deliveries however there will be no signatures required on paperwork or devices.
- Daily janitorial service of our facilities will be increased with an emphasis on heavier use of chemicals on hard surfaces and desk spaces.
- Customers and associates must wash hands regularly, use hand sanitizer and avoid physical contact by not shaking hands and touching faces.
- Store customers should call ahead, we will be limiting the number of customers in the store, but would be happy to bring your order curb-side.
- Showrooms are by appointment only. If there is something you need to pick out, for example trim or doors, please contact the location. We will do as much as we can over the phone and internet to keep time in the location at a minimum.
As a partner to our professional and homeowner customers, it’s really important that we maintain an open line of communication through various means. We’re experiencing unprecedented times right now and we’re looking forward to conducting business as usual once again. Until then, we will persevere and serve our customers in the best ways that we can.
Steven L Arnold