Home improvement projects can be overwhelming, but we can help you knock out those jobs by the season. Here is our checklist for improving your home in 2019:
Whether you are looking to spruce up your backyard or add storage space, spring is an opportune time to start working outside.
- Deck: Extend entertaining space with a new custom deck. The plan starts with choosing the right materials. The Strait & Lamp Group offers TimberTech composite decking as well as treated wood and cedar.
- Fence: Do you have an old fence that is falling apart or lacks style and needs to be replaced? Or do you need a new fence where one doesn’t exist? A beautifully crafted wood fence can add style and privacy for those warm-weather gatherings. After you’ve decided on the location and height, Strait & Lamp Lumber can help you select the style and materials to get the job done right.
- Shed or She-shed: Looking to add a new storage area out back to store the lawn mower and gardening tools? Or an out-of-the-way oasis? The experts at 5th Ave. Lumber can help you select the right lumber to start building the shed (or she-shed!) of your dreams.
The long days of summer provide ample time to complete much larger home-improvement projects:
- Home Additions: Are you adding on? Let your contractor know that our Lumbercraft location in Canal Winchester specializes in providing engineered roof trusses and pre-fabricated wall panels to help keep their framing time to a minimum.
- Exterior Siding and Trim: Updated siding and trim is the perfect way to add fresh curb appeal to your home. The Strait & Lamp Group carries products from such leading manufacturers as James Hardie, LP SmartSide and Boral to help you match the style of your home and give it an instant makeover.
For windows and exterior doors, fall is a great time to install.
- Exterior Doors: Brighten up the exterior of your home with a new door and prepare to keep the cold air outside where it belongs. The Strait & Lamp Group carries sturdy and stylish entry door systems from such trusted names as Simpson Door Company and Therma Tru.
- Windows: Installing new windows in the fall will help cut heating costs and give your home’s interior and exterior a refreshing update. The Strait & Lamp Group’s Linworth Lumber is an Andersen Circle of Excellence/Platinum dealer and supports a full array of Andersen window products.
Most indoor updates — interior doors, moulding and other woodworking projects — should be completed during the winter months when being outside is not ideal.
- Interior Doors: The Strait & Lamp Group’s Dublin Millwork location offers a beautiful selection of interior door choices, from custom doors produced at Dublin Millwork to doors from high-quality vendors like JELD-WEN and Woodport.
- Interior Trim: Adding or replacing existing interior mouldings in your home can update the style of your home. At our Dublin Millwork custom mill, we can produce baseboards, window and door casings, crown moulding, shoes and other custom millwork pieces, including historical reproductions, to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Bannisters: If you have been looking to refresh those frequently traveled stairs or that worn out railing, the experts at our Dublin Millwork Selection Center can help you find the perfect design to match your ideas.
Have other projects you are thinking about? We can help! Contact us today to talk to our experts about your home improvement plans.